Purpose of Position
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we are looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe. We are changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast expertise.
As the world's most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We are not just building technology, we are building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
� Relationship Expertise
Essential Job Functions
The Global Spread Product Technology organization is looking for a talented professional with strong technical skills to architect and develop innovative solutions using Java technologies within front office risk space. As part of the role, you will collaborate with quants, product development and technology teams to analyze, design, build, continuously refine and enhance technical solutions.
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Partner with the Quants, Product Development & Technology Teams to architect, design and build highly distributed, low latency and resilient risk technology solutions
- Collaborate with peer technology teams to drive common architecture and build reusable Microservices and components using industry standard design principles
- Lead geographically distributed technology teams to own, build and deliver technology solutions from inception to deployment
- Proactively contribute to stability of overall production systems and troubleshoot key components and processes in complex and highly distributed risk platform
- Keep track of latest technology trends and proactively learn new technologies driving practical and reference implementations
- Promote agile test-driven development through implementation of testing framework to support Unit, Component, Integration, End-to End and Load testing
- Champion adoption of latest standard Dev Ops and secure development practices